vrijdag 12 oktober 2007

Good moment to start a blog

It was about time that I started a blog and showing people more about my activity as a caricature artist, but also personal items like music i like, holiday's etc.

Last week i was one of the caricturists joining the annual NCN ( National caricaturist Network) Convention in Reno (NV) 30th sept - 5 oct 2007.


I had a great time. More than 100 other great artist together in one big room. I "meet"many caricaturists allmost every day in a forum on the internet, but seeing most of them "live" was even better. We made caricatures of each other for 4 days and nigths.

"This is the most inspiring week of the year " Mike Giblin from England says, and I think he's right.


Now my head is still full with all the impressions. I think the influence of this week will come back in my own work in the end.


Seeing your collegues work gives you very much inspiration.

Because of a contract I allreaddy had in the weekend I arrived at the end of the first day. I missed the likeness competition and Dion's story about caricatures. ( I will show some photo's of this trade show later).



Here is a caricature of Eve I made this week.
















My Dutch collegue Marion won the Bronze Nosey. That's great! I am so very proud of her.
All people loved her caricatures. Big kiss to you Marion.

My hero of the week was Kage from Japan. The work on his wall was really great. And I wasn't the only person thinking this way. Kage won the first prize The Golden Nosey



3 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

yo. interesting thoughts :))

Anoniem zei

nevada alcoholsee projectin newman coursework negotiate notices higgs blazing artist shall
lolikneri havaqatsu

Anoniem zei

я вот что скажу: отлично. а82ч